Wednesday, October 3, 2012

She is gender friendly/sensitive

Tuesday's class reminded me of a Social Work course I took last semester.  We did an entire unit on gays, lesbians, transgender, bisexuals, etc.  We even had guest speakers come in and talk to us.  Anyways I work as a hostess in a local restaurant and I have unusual people come through my door all day long so when a person came through the door who was definitely in the middle of some sort of sex change (I don't remember exactly since it was over a year ago but I think it was two men and one of which was in the process of being a female), I really couldn't care less.  Some of the other servers made comments but I remembered everything I was taught in class being careful not to be gender specific.  And this was the comment card they left at the end of the meal...


"Hostess was awesome because she is gender friendly/sensitive".  

No comments:

Post a Comment